April 2017 Issue Highlights
In the Spotlight: Cammie Scott, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, Chair of the 2017 ARSHRM Conference & Exp0
- April 2017 Note from the editor
- Profile: Cammie Scott, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, Chair of the 2017 ARSHRM Conference & Expo
- Need a Killer Business Tax Exemption?
- Spring 2017 Online SHRM Certification Exam Prep Class Begins April 10
- Strategic Management for Supervisors, Managers, and HR Professionals April 11
- Highlights from the SHRM Employment Law & Legislative Conference
- Don’t Get Burned by Multi-State Compliance and Coverage
- University of Memphis SHRM Student Chapter Case Competition Champions
- Get Your Online M.S. Degree in Human Resources
- Talent Management and Recruiting
- Ten Things Every HR Professional Should Know About the Future of Talent by Marcus Buckingham
- Close the Loop on Your Recruiting Strategy with Thorough Background Screening by Lisa P. May
- What’s in Your Human Capital Management Strategy? Pt 2 of 2 by Kim LaFevor
- The Leadership of Discipline by Janie Warner
- The Most Successful HR Professionals Have One Thing in Common by Austin Baker
- Technology: HR Friend or Foe? by Joe Stubblebine
- Book Look: The New Alpha by Paula Hayes
- What Tampa’s Experience Can Teach Us About Attracting Millennial Talent by Harvey Deutschendorf
- The Only AACSB-Accredited Academic Training in HR Management in the Memphis Metropolitan Area
- Employee Benefits
- Pension De-Risking: What is It and Why is It So Popular? by Douglas Dahl II
- Are State Sponsored Insurance Plans as Good as Employer Coverage? by Kerstin Nemec and Tim Norwood
- DOL Issues Final Regulations on Disability Benefits Claims Procedures by Jennifer Kiesewetter
- Is Chronic Heartburn Burning Your Workplace? by Karen Bobbitt
- Healthy Workplace, Healthy Communities Conference May 24 in Jackson, MS
- Employment Law Update
- Essentials for Making Sound Termination Decisions
- Wimberly Lawson Attorneys Receive Coveted Awards . . .Again!
- The NLRB: Relief for Employers Ahead? by John D. Davis
- No Spring Break from Seasonal Employee Labor Laws by Gabriel P. McGaha
- Bathroom Battles by Martin J. Regimbal
- Best of the Bar Awards
- What are Your Options When You Can’t Get Your Star Employee an H-B? by Greg Siskind
- When Should You Offer a Severance Agreement? by Mary E. Buckley
- Up Close and Personal: Taking a Look at Workplace Monitoring by Mary C. Hamm
- Industry News
- SHRM Employment Law & Legislative Conference in Washington, DC March 13-15
- SHRM-Atlanta 2017 HR Conference March 29-30
- 8th Annual TNSHRM Strategic Leadership Conference April 21
- 2017 ARSHRM Conference in Hot Springs April 5-7
- 2017 MSSHRM Conference in Tupelo April 3-5
- 2017 TPMA Conference in Chattanooga April 18-21
- 2017 ALSHRM Conference in Birmingham May 16-17
- Next Issue – Employment Law and Employee Benefits – Deadline to reserve space is April 10.
SHRM Certification Marks 100,000th Certificate
Professionals in 105 countries earn SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP human resource certifications
(March 21, 2017) The Society for Human Resource Management announded today that SHRM certification has awarded the 100,000th certification, making it the fastest-growing human resource credential program.
Launched in January 2015, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) certification — SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) — has become the premier professional certification in the human resources field with more than 101,550 certificants. Professionals in 105 countries have earned SHRM certification, and more than 53,000 HR job postings last year listed a preference for applicants with SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credentials.
“It’s exciting to see more and more HR professionals making the commitment to become SHRM-certified,” said Henry G. (Hank) Jackson, SHRM’s president and CEO. “We are pleased by the widespread positive response, and we celebrate exceeding 100,000 certificants.”
“This milestone is an achievement, not only for SHRM certification, but for the HR profession,” said Wayne Cascio, Ph.D., chair of the SHRM Certification Commission. “It is a testament to SHRM’s ability to offer an accredited credential program in two years as well as to HR professionals who have proven their high level of knowledge and skills,” added Cascio, distinguished university professor and the Robert H. Reynolds chair in global leadership at the University of Colorado Denver School of Business.
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP were launched two years ago after years of research to define the behavioral competencies and knowledge relevant to today’s global HR professional. With business executives viewing competency in people management as critical to the success of their organizations and HR departments, SHRM continues to refine the competencies. An update of the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge, the framework for the certification exams, was released late last year.
SHRM’s certification program and exams are accredited by The Buros Center for Testing, the global leader in evaluating examinations. Once certified, professionals can take advantage of more than 40,000 educational programs and a personalized education program to recertify. A mobile app and other tools make the recertification process simple and efficient.
HR Professionals Magazine is offering the next class of Online SHRM Certification Exam Prep Class beginning April 10. The class costs $995 and runs for 12 weeks. Click here to register.
For information about becoming a sponsor of HR Professionals Magazine, please contact Cynthia via email or call 901.598.0123 and get your product and service in front of 30,000 HR executives and professionals.