November 2016 Issue Highlights
In the Spotlight: Janie Warner, Certified PPACA Professional
- November 2016 note from the editor
- Profile: Janie Warner, Certified PPACA Professional
- Last Chance to Register for 37th Annual Wimberly Lawson 37th Annual Labor Relations & Employment Law Update Conference in Knoxville Nov. 3-4!
- Register for SHRM-Memphis HR Excellence Awards on November 15!
- Register for Fisher Phillips Seminar November 17!
- Register Today for Implicit (Unconscious) Bias Seminar November 18! Earn SHRM & HRCI Credits!
- Employee Benefits Planning and Compliance
- The Evolution of Compliance Standards: More Complexity and Needs for Technology by Chuck Leddy
- Realizing the Future of Big Data in Employee Benefits – Part 1 by Alex Gramling
- Connect Healthcare Collaboration Creates Systematic Change
- 2016 SHRM Benefits Survey Results
- Employee Benefits Open Enrollment: HR Industry Experts and Research from SHRM
- Introducing Vision401k Plan Services in Nashville, Memphis, Bowling Green, Lexington and Louisville
- The Cost of Not Having a Financial Wellness Program by Jeanne Fisher
- HHS Gets Aggressive with HIPAA: How Covered Group Health Plans are Impacted by Jennifer S. Kiesewetter
- No Compensation Plan? You Are Not Alone by Clifford Stephen
- I’m More than a Problem-Solver, I’m an Innovator
- Registration for Online SHRM Certification Exam Prep Class Extended to November 4
- Hiring Seasonal Employees for the Holidays: Ho Ho Ho or No No NO? by Stewart Goff
- Book Look: The Innovation Formula by Paula Hayes
- Seven Ways Effective Leaders Handle Their Emotions by Harvey Deutschendorf
- Employment Law
- The Case for the Employee Handbook by Courtney Leyes
- Highlights of the Greater Memphis Chamber HR Legal Summit
- Workers Compensation in Tennessee: Past, Present, and Future by Lisa S. Lewis
- Ogletree Deakins Welcomes Kimberly Hodges
- The Changing Legal Landscape of LGBT Rights in the Workplace by Jeb Gerth
- Timothy F. Kennedy Joins FordHarrison’s Memphis Office
- Handling the Tough Investigations – When the Allegations Point to the Top by Mary Moffatt Helms
- New EEOC Guidelines Signal Renewed Focus on Retaliation Claims by R. Alex Boals
- Pot Talk: Burning Questions Surrounding Marijuana Legalization and Employment by Jennifer S. P. Chang and J. Bruce Cross
- Highlights from the Fisher Phillips Seminar August 25
- What’s Happening with the I-9 Form? by Bruce E. Buchanan
- Industry News
- SHRM-Memphis HR Excellence Awards
- Highlights of the 2016 SHRMGA State Conference & Exposition
- Highlights of the 15th Annual ARSHRM ELLA Conference
- Highlights from St. Lucie HR Association Meeting
Next Issue – Compensation and Performance Management – Ads and Articles due by November 10
SHRM Online Certification Exam Prep Class Registration Extended to November 4!
November 2016 Breaking News – Revisions to EEO-1 and Summary Pay Data
The EEO-1 survey will be changing to collect summary pay data. Details on how to file, including a sample form and instruction booklet, data upload specifications, a fact sheet and Q&A document, and other resources, are available on the 2017 EEO-1 Survey page. EEOC recently held webinars to discuss these changes; a recording of one of those sessions will be available within a few days.
Here is the link to view the PPT slides from the recent webinars:
Here is a link for the small business fact sheet:
For information about becoming a sponsor of HR Professionals Magazine, please contact Cynthia via email or call 901.598.0123 and get your product and service in front of 30,000 HR executives and professionals.