January 2016 Issue Highlights
In the Spotlight: Susan R. Meisinger, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, JD
- January 2016 a note from the editor
- Profile: Susan R. Meisinger, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, JD
- SHRM Certification – The Future of HR is Here
- Highlights of SHRM-Memphis Holiday Social
- Highlights of MBA Labor & Employment Law Section Annual Seminar
- Preview of ARSHRM State Conference and Expo April 6-8 in Roger
- Early Bird Registration for TNSHRM Strategic Leadership Conference April 6 in Nashville
- Do You Have Exra Money in Your 2015 Budget?
- The Gig Economy by Susan R. Meisinger
- A New Year and a New Strategy? by Tom Hayes
- Profiles of Top Employee Benefits Companies
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions to Prevent an Employer’s “Auld Lan-Anxiety” in 2016 by Courtney Leyes
- ACA Reporting Software/Vendor Setup – What’s With These Questions by Ed Fensholt, J.D. and Brad Mandacina, CEBS
- Three Strikes You Are Out Except When the Impact of Selection Procedures is Disparate by Kelly A. Campbell
- Sabatoged Success: The Number One HR Problem You’re Not Thinking About by Clifford Stephan
- Common Fiduciary Errors and How to Avoid Them by Larry J. Tolbert
- Evaluating Evaluations by Joseph A. Ramsey
- Supreme Court Watch: Recovery of Payment When Funds Have Been Spent by Jennifer Kiesewetter
- McDonald’s to Pay $355K in Penalties by Bruce E. Buchanan
- Book Look: Business Focused HR: 11 Processes to Drive Results by William Carmichael
- 7 Habits of Leaders Who Inspire Powerful Loyalty by Harvey Deutschendorf
- The Impact of Social Media in the Workplace by Brigitte Jones-Tubbs
- Highlights of HRO Partners Holiday Breakfast
- Bass Berry Sims Labor Talk: An Employment Law Update
- SHRM-Memphis Mock Trial
- Next Issue – Top Companies in Payroll and HRIS Technology – Deadine to Submit Ads and Articles is January 10
How long have you been using E-Verify? United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that effective January 1, 2016, all E-Verify transaction records that are more than ten years old will be deleted from the system to comply with the National Archives and Records Administration’s retention and disposal schedule.
If you have been using E-Verify for more than 10 years and want access to a record of all cases created prior to December 31, 2005, you can (and should) download the newly created Historic Records Report without delay. The report and instructions for download are available for users once logged in to E-Verify. The Historic Records Report will only be available until December 31, 2015, and will be long-time users’ only means of accessing all transaction records for cases more than ten years old. This newly implemented deletion schedule is a permanent change and will continue annually. Each year going forward, employers will be advised when the new Historic Records Report is available for download.
HR Professionals Magazine is an exciting monthly trade publication designed to educate and inform HR professionals in every discipline of the Human Resources function. We cover current hot topics on employment law, staffing and recruiting, compensation and benefits, employee relations, diversity, ethics, business leadership, relocation, employee training and development, payroll, and HR technology. Employment law will not only focus on federal legislation, but also on state and local regulations for Tennessee, Georgia, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Mississippi. Articles are detailed and comprehensive written by local HR specialists, educators, and attorneys who are highly regarded as experts in their respective fields.
Advertising/Sponsorship Opportunities For information about becoming a sponsor of HR Professionals Magazine, please contact Cynthia via email OR call 901.598.0123 and get your message or service in front of 30,000 HR professionals and small business owners who are decision makers.